Since project inception, Karara has invested a total of >AUD$4 billion in the initial establishment of critical infrastructure and in ongoing capital and other infrastructure requirements. Surplus capacity has been built in to cater for any potential future expansion of the operation.
Our critical infrastructure and logistics chain include:
- An 80 km rail spur, connecting the Karara Mine to the common-user rail system;
- Upgrade of common-user rail system section between Karara and Geraldton;
- A 180 km 330 kV power transmission line from Eneabba to connect Karara with the south-west power grid;
- A 140 km water pipeline to supply process water from a dedicated bore-field; and
- The Karara Export Terminal at the Port of Geraldton, able to handle up to 16 Mtpa of export product from a dedicated berth, with associated rail and train unloading infrastructure.